Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Book Review: There's No Place Like Here


___________________________________________________


Title: There's No Place Like Here
Author: Cecelia Ahern
Date Read: Nov. 12 - Dec. 3
Rating: ★★★


This has got to be the Cecelia Ahern book I like least of all. It was a slow and boring read(if it isn't yet obvious from the above). Sandy Shortt isn't likeable to me and her I-don't-give-an-F-about-you attitude is so frustrating, like if I could go into the book, I would have slapped some sense into her in most chapters she was narrating. The only time I liked her was when Jack was talking about her bringing his hopes up of finding Donal. Actually, I would have liked it better if it just focused on Jack finding Sandy, but then that wouldn't explain the story very much.

Her monologue at the end, about always being found regardless if you were lost by choice or by circumstance, I liked quite a lot. Although it doesn't make up for my disappointment with the events that led up to that ending, the one where only Sandy came back, because the whole time I was thinking she stumbled into Here to bring everyone back(or maybe just Bobby), so it was pretty much a let down for me.

Not exactly a 3 but more of a 2.5 stars, on account that I loved it when Sandy was talking about Gregory or retelling their story or just the two of them being together in a scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment