Friday, November 22, 2013

Join the Rebellion

I guess it's pretty obvious what the title means. That's right baby, Catching Fire! And I'll tell you one thing(okay, maybe a few), it was awesome!

Francis Lawrence did an amazing job with this; sticking close to the books was the best decision he ever made. Apart from having almost all of the major scenes in the movie, he also put in exact book quotes. Like a lot of them. Most movie adaptations don't get that much so I am beyond thankful to him.

I love the whole vibe of the film; the tension and nerves in the air. The effects and the scenery  everything looks good visually, thanks to the huge amount of budget they had for this, which I am now grateful to know they spent wisely. The acting is A+++. I would personally like a standing ovation for these great actors and actresses, specifically Sam Clafin, who is playing Finnick Odair. I know that a lot of people didn't like him for the role before but I hope that by watching this, they would change their mind. My friend did and it is so fun rubbing it in her face how right I was that Sam will do Finnick justice.

I don't want to talk about my favorite scenes because then it would take up about 2 pages worth so I'll skip that. What I would tell is that most of them (my favorite scenes) consists of when Finnick, Johanna and Mags appear on the screen, every single time. Johanna in the elevator was the one I was looking forward to the most. I wasn't disappointed.

Also, a lot of people who have watched were a bit frustrated(in a good way, I think) with the cliffhanger at the end. For non-readers I would understand because then they would have to wait for another year to find out what Gale meant with the "There is no m---". I won't say it. However, I'm surprised with the readers who have said that. I mean, you know what happens in Mockingjay dude. Keep your pants on, please.

All in all, this just made me 100000x more excited for Mockingjay, and I hope Francis Lawrence makes it as wonderful as he did with Catching Fire.

PS. If you haven't watched it then what is wrong with you? Watch it. Just listen to me and watch it. Pretty please with sugarcubes on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment