Sunday, January 5, 2014

Book Review: Every Day


___________________________________________________


Title: Every Day
Author: David Levithan
Date Read: Jan. 1 - 5
Rating: ★★


First of all this was supposed to be a 1 star for me, but because of the last two chapters, it went up a notch.

Even before I read this, some of my friends have already told me that this would have a cliffhanger. I never minded. I've never been one who becomes frustrated, or irritated even, by a cliffhanger. In a way, I kind of like its vagueness. Though I do want to question why exactly did he run away? Was it just because of Reverend Poole's response to him or that plus everything that has been happening, meaning the hopelessness of not being with Rhiannon? That's the only thing I questioned, or care to question, about this book.

Another thing my friends told me was that this a good book, a bit boring, but still good. I have been tricked. I feel so disappointed. They were right about the boring part, it really was. It was that and the fact that I do not find it "good". The story feels to drag on and on and on, and I just really wanted it to stop but I can't seem to find an end to it. The amount of times I convinced myself into finishing this is remarkable.

Lastly, and I really want to say this, I never liked Rhiannon or A, except for that time when A was Alexander, again the only reason why this got 2 stars. I was never convinced that they really do love each other – even as I read the words "I love you" throughout the book, I was never convinced. And to even quote the book, "...I feel I’ve already lost if we’ve gotten to the convincing stage." Yeah, I really do think this book has lost me.

No comments:

Post a Comment