Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Unending Race

I woke up this day feeling cranky, which already says a lot since I'm a morning person, but then who wouldn't be when you have to wake up at 3 o'clock in the morning! Now how is that a good precedent to a supposed "fun" run? Although I should be happy because you know.. charity event. Helping people. Yay. But it's just hmmm. . .

And the bad luck(?) didn't end right there. I had my dad drive me to the location, which was our university campus and was a slightly long drive, and I really thought I was going to be late because they said on the notice that the call time would be 5am but silly me for ever believing that because the reality is, it didn't start until 6am. And because I was hurrying, I skipped breakfast - idiot move, like how are you going to run with an empty stomach - and I forgot my bib/number/the-one-I-needed-to-confirm-my-attendance.

I still participated in the run *pats self on the back* because when it finally started, I was more than awake and very much eager to go for a run - God knows I needed one, lazy ass. Sadly, though, I wasn't able to do so very much or to even jog very much because Yza can't, well, run properly because of her new shoes. Sucks for both of us. However, as much as I wanted to go for run, I was still so relieved when it was over because then I could go back home to my bed and just relax the hell out of this day, which is definitely what I'm doing right now *pats self again on the back*.

No comments:

Post a Comment